Table of Contents
List of Illustrations.
List of Tables.
Introduction, Gregory Bracken.
1. Citizenship and the Good Life, Gregory Bracken.
2. Spaces of the Prudent Self, Li Shiqiao.
3. Socrates, 'Alcibiades 1', and Foucault's Last Turn, Patrick Healy.
4. The Biopolitics of Sexuality and the Hypothesis of an Erotic Art: Foucault and Psychoanalysis, Luiz Paulo Leitão Martins.
5. Elective Spaces: Creating Space to Care, Karan August.
6. Interpreting Dao (?) between 'Way-making' and 'Be-wëgen', Massimiliano Lacertosa.
7. Constructing Each Other: Contemporary Travel of Urban-Design Ideas between China and the West, Katharina M. Borgmann and Deirdre Sneep
8. A Tale of Two Courts: The Interactions of the Dutch and Chinese Political Elites with their Cities, Ian R. Lewis.
9. Urban Acupuncture: Care and Ideology in the Writing of the City in Eleventh-Century China, Christian de Pee.
10. The Value and Meaning of Temporality and its Relationship to Identity in Kunming City, China, Yun Gao and Nicolas Temple.
11. Junzi (??), the Confucian Concept of the 'Gentleman' and its Influence on South Korean Land-Use Planning, Klaas Kresse.
12. Home Within Movement: The Japanese Concept of Ma (?): Sensing Space-time Intensity in Aesthetics of Movement, Renske Maria van Dam.
13. The Concept of 'Home': The Javanese Creative Interpretation of Omah Bhetari Sri: A Dialogue between Tradition and Modernity, Sri Teddy Rusdy, Brandon Cahyadhuha, and Hastangka.
Afterword, Gregory Bracken.