Invitation for PhD researchers: Writing a journal paper - a workshop for heritage and landscape researchers
This training opportunity, organised by Journal of European Landscapes and HERILAND, is aimed at PhD researchers in the field of heritage and/ or landscape studies who have performed a part of their research and are looking for ways to publish on their ongoing research. It offers a very first introduction to paper-writing for academic journals and helps you get started on the process.
You are expected to bring in a 200-word abstract of your paper idea and the name of a potential journal in mind. At the end you will have a peer-reviewed version of your abstract and an introduction ready. But most importantly: you know how to work towards getting your first paper published.
Registration deadline Friday 10 September 2021 Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with an abstract and a motivation for the training.
Sessions, topics and preparatory tasks
September 15, 13:00-15:00
- preparation: students write a 200-word abstract of a potential paper
- Introduction to the masterclass, moderator: Linde Egberts
- Introduction to paper writing and peer-review process by Ana Pereira Roders
- example journal: Journal of European Landscapes by Hans Renes
- Peer-review of abstract for a specific journal of choice
October 6, 9:00-11:00
- preparation: students write a draft Introduction to their potential paper along the guidelines of the journal of choice.
- Introduction to the second day, moderator: Hans Renes
- peer review of introductions based on the review format that our journals use for the review process, led by Hans Renes and Linde Egberts
- making a writing plan for the rest of the paper
For more information, please see the invitation.